Below I list the athlete, the sport and the drug that the evidence suggests that the athlete was falsely accused of taking. Click on the athletes name for supporting information. I welcome any comments or suggestions to the list.
- Mamadou Sakho (France, football, Higenamine)
- Kusal Perera (India, cricket, 19-Norandrostenedione)
- Paola Pliego (Mexico, fencing, modafinil)
- Andrus Veerpalu (Estonia, Nordic skiing, recombinant human growth hormone)
- Erik Tysse (Norway, race walking, rEPO)
- Steven Colvert (Ireland, athletics, rEPO)
- Hossam Ghaly (Egypt, football, nandrolone)
- Samir Ibrahim Ali Hassan (UAE, football, nandrolone)
- Hassan Tir (UAE, football, nandrolone)
- Al Kowaibki (Saudi Arabia, football, nandrolone)
- Pedro Solberg (Brazil, beach volleyball, testosterone)
- Diana Taurasi (US, basketball, modafinil)
- Monique Coker (US, basketball, modafinil)
- Deco (Portugal, football, hydrochlorothiazide and tamoxifen)
The consequences to an elite athlete of being falsely accused of doping can be career ending. I will update this list as warranted.